Software Upgrades: Legend Cx & Vista Cx

Milbank

Well I did the update and I don't see anything different yet.

My custom waypoint icons still do not all show up on the map and I still can not save tracks to the memory card.

How do we get to find out what th improvememts are now that we have uploaded th new firmware.

Tim K

FYI...

I installed the update from 2.2 to 2.3 yesterday without any problem. Afterwards, I poked around the menus a bit and didn't see anything different, might have missed something though. Everything seems to operate as before. I guess we'll have to wait for the next update and for them to post their history of changes list.

Hi folks...i am an owner of a new legend cx...i read on another forum that some units were freezing on startup...also, in my case, when autorouting, the road disappeared occasionally from the highway screen, and the unit would sometimes go into a route recalculation loop...it would just continue to recalculate a route even when unnecessary to recalculate...the firmware update is supposed to cure some of this...particularly the freeze on startup...at least this is what i've read...the legend cx and vista cx are somewhat of a new design because of the data card...and perhaps more minor changes...as with any new unit it may take a few firmware upgrades to get all the bugs out.

Hi folks...i am an owner of a new legend cx...i read on another forum that some units were freezing on startup...also, in my case, when autorouting, the road disappeared occasionally from the highway screen, and the unit would sometimes go into a route recalculation loop...it would just continue to recalculate a route even when unnecessary to recalculate...the firmware update is supposed to cure some of this...particularly the freeze on startup...at least this is what i've read...the legend cx and vista cx are somewhat of a new design because of the data card...and perhaps more minor changes...as with any new unit it may take a few firmware upgrades to get all the bugs out.

That's the first I've heard of that. Both my wife and I have Legend Cxs and have had no problems. I installed the update but haven't noticed any changes.

Garmin has added info to the Legend Cx and Vista Cx upgrade page.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.30:

* Improve stability of unit after loading a large map set.

* Increase loadable maps to 2025.

* Enhance visibility of paths in map Topo Great Britian v2.

Now that we know what that upgrade did I'm ready for the next one. :lol: