Question About Hiding A Cache

ninorth

I would say always hide the actual cache before you submit it. I have heard some stories where people have tried to find a cache but it hasn;t been placed yet.

It happens often enough that a paragraph was added to the Geocache Listing Guidelines to address this:

Your cache should be in place and ready to hunt at the time your cache page is submitted for review. If for any reason it is not ready, please either disable your cache page so that it won’t be seen by the reviewer until ready, or include a “note to reviewer” to explain your special circumstances (for example, waiting for a permit from a land manager).

All hiders, especially new hiders, are encouraged to read the listing guidelines. Good advice there! :rolleyes:

Question instead of post on hiding a chache...

I am getting ready to hid 3 of my planned 20 caches this year.

I was experimenting on disguising a cache.... I took empth paint can sanded it, coated it in glue and then covered it with sand from the area I want to stash it...

I know it says no burying of caches, would this type of disguise be allowed...

Its really no different than using camo duct tape..

Dave from Team_talisman

I would say always hide the actual cache before you submit it. I have heard some stories where people have tried to find a cache but it hasn;t been placed yet.

I can think of few that we've searched for that were approved, but not yet hidden. So, unless the hider wants people cursing them, and not taking their caches seriously, it is best to have the cache hiden before it is submitted.