60cx And Gsak

I just read a thread that said the 60cx is having a problem using GSAK (I'm finding it a little work to get things the way I want and somethings don't work with the Cx yet like GSAK) Quote from Milbank on Giving up on explorist 600.

Any one else having this problem. I plan on ordering a 60cx today. I have a 60c and it has no problem with GSAK.

The 'x' series have some different programming so GPSBabel, which works "under the hood" of GSAK isn't able to communicate -- for now.

There is a very easy workaround however that just takes a few more seconds.

You filter your caches as you want to in GSAK, then Export those caches to Mapsource, then you send them to your CSx from Mapsource.

Easy peasy . . . and it gives you a chance to review the caches in your filter to make sure it covers the area in which you will be caching. :(

Thats simple enough. thats how i put the pocket quires on my magellen platinum also. i dont load them strat from GSAK very often anyway. time to goto (no pun intended) offroute and get my order in.

And just for the record Robert is working on GPSBabel (with info from Garmin) to get the "x" series working. It hopefully won't be too much longer. Personally his dedication to it got me to donate some funds to him. I use it not for GSAK as well as a couple of smaller scripts that I wrote myself. Very good little application!

As described in http://www.gpsbabel.org/garminx.html , GPSBabel does work with the serial connection of the X series.

Miragee, you're not the first to mention that button is apparently too subtle. :-) It's only been on every page of www.GPSBabel.org for about two years. The program gets downloaded about 350 times a day but only about 2-3 new people a week (Clyde knows where the button is!) find it.

Clearly, I'm an engineer and not a marketing guy...