Metro Guide Cd Won't Load

HOGCAT

I have Metro Guide version 7. The CD loads fine on my lap tops (2 of them, one with Windows XP and the other one with Windows 98 SE) But my Dell desktop with Windows XP professional does not read the CD!!! I tried everything, but nothing works. The CD is new, and not a scratch on it. Any ideas?????

Thanks for any help.

I have Metro Guide version 7. The CD loads fine on my lap tops (2 of them, one with Windows XP and the other one with Windows 98 SE) But my Dell desktop with Windows XP professional does not read the CD!!! I tried everything, but nothing works. The CD is new, and not a scratch on it. Any ideas?????

Thanks for any help.

Are you sure that the disc isn't a dvd and not a cd? You may want to make sure that you have a dvd drive on your pc.

Thanks for any help.

Are you sure that the disc isn't a dvd and not a cd? You may want to make sure that you have a dvd drive on your pc.

That is most likely the problem.

If it's not an issue of trying to read a DVD in a CD drive then this is a fix that may work.

Burn a copy of the disk on of the computers than can read the disk. Try the copy in the Dell.

Yep. Some CD-ROM drives can be picky about disks they want to read. Something about the drive's tolerances for certain disk thicknesses. I've seen this work a few times.