Event Tb Logging

Is it a comman practice to log coins and tb's from events even if you didn't touch or see them do cacher's

log tb's Just because the were given the number . Is the same thing done with Jeeps . My rule is it must at least

have been in my hand before I log it .What do you think , at the last event I had the only yellow jeep but the number seems to have been passed around even though only a few came over to look and ask to log it Just wondering how you all play the Game???

After giving this a lot of thought I have adopted the following policy for how I log things. For travel bugs I only log them if I move them. The exception being a jeep since those are harder to find. I'll log one of those without moving it and leave it behind for the next cacher to enjoy. For coins I have to at least touch the coin before logging it. At the recent geocoin introduction event I met ParentsofSAM and she provided me with a print out of all of her coins she had at the event. Since I did look through her coin collection I did log each one that was on her list. I also saw a Moun10Bike coin that I plan to log as well. I figure that not as many coins are being released into caches so if I at least see it at an event or elsewhere then I should be able to log it. I plan to release replicas of each of the geocoins I have so that others can enjoy them as well.

After giving this a lot of thought I have adopted the following policy for how I log things. For travel bugs I only log them if I move them. The exception being a jeep since those are harder to find. I'll log one of those without moving it and leave it behind for the next cacher to enjoy. For coins I have to at least touch the coin before logging it. At the recent geocoin introduction event I met ParentsofSAM and she provided me with a print out of all of her coins she had at the event. Since I did look through her coin collection I did log each one that was on her list. I also saw a Moun10Bike coin that I plan to log as well. I figure that not as many coins are being released into caches so if I at least see it at an event or elsewhere then I should be able to log it. I plan to release replicas of each of the geocoins I have so that others can enjoy them as well.

Completely agree.

(although I plan to log a M10B coin by my caching efforts in the field, not an event. Just a goal of mine.)

Completely agree.

(although I plan to log a M10B coin by my caching efforts in the field, not an event. Just a goal of mine.)

I haven't logged the M10B coin yet. The angel and devil cachers are on my shoulders arguing over it :smile:. To be honest I kind of feel like I'm cheating by logging coins at events.

I decided that I wouldn't participate in the sharing of TBs/coins at events. If I didn't find it 'in the wild' or help it on a mission, then i don't consider it to be a find.

As far as releasing of coins, I also plan to only release the actual coin. Maybe if one goes missing I might think about a copy going out. but with the new lower cost trackable ones (Generic Geocoin and World Travel geocoin) maybe more will find their way into caches and keep travelling. Which I hope leads to more of the other coins finding their way into caches as well.

I also participated in The Grand Experiment - Geocoin Giveaway. the mission being to get coins back into caches.