The Phoenix Thread

d hedges 210

Been caching for about 6 months now with 115 found so far. Have mixed urban caches and some pretty remote caches to the mix. I prefer the ones out in the desert that we can enjoy the day getting. We prefer the larger caches since they usually have a variety of swag. We've placed a couple of caches at one of our favorite riding areas. We need to get more events and get togethers going in the Phoenix area though.

Team Jet Blast

Are there some favorite caches that you like to do around the airport?

Hey There!

There's a newly placed cache not to far from the airport called Travel Bug Transit Center. Unfortunately it's currently disabled (might be missing).

We've been caching in the Phoenix area for a little over a year now. We enjoy all types of caches but the majority around here are tiny urban micros. We do try to get out and find some of those great hiking caches. Actually, just last weekend a buddy and I drove out to Apache Lake, rented a boat, and went after the FTF for Apache Hideout. It was an AWESOME adventure! There are actually two other caches around the lake that you can use a boat to get to, so it makes for a fun half-day adventure. It wasn't that pricey either. We rented a little fishing boat (2-cycle engine) for a half-day (5 hours) and it was $40 plus gas & oil. Our total was under $45. You split that by 2 - 4 people and it's a pretty cheap date considering the amazing scenery and the whole experience.

Other than that, hiking up at Thunderbird Park is very enjoyable.

Jared of AZBliss02

i've not done any around the airport myself. in fact most of mine have been in the north, and west valley. i found a ammocan in an urban area today, that was cool. and i mean REALLY URBAN! i was surprised.

If you dont' mind me asking, which cache was that?

Sure, it was GCM6E3

Found my very first cache in NW Phoenix and it looks like it's gone the way of most of NW Phoenix, bulldozed for "expansion". It's archived after having been missed a few times.

I don't normally like to do caches in city limits, but with school and such, it's a good distractor from having to be "Responsible" heh heh. Most of the time I try to head out to the Lake Pleasant area or out to the White Tanks. It's nice getting away from city life for a while - I'm from Montana orginally so finding solitude is kinda like being back home.

That cache mentioned by Nero is along my daily commute to ASU West, being an ammo can type, that's different from most of the ones I've found in that area. Those are usually micros under lamp skirts or magnetized under something.

Found my very first cache in NW Phoenix and it looks like it's gone the way of most of NW Phoenix, bulldozed for "expansion". It's archived after having been missed a few times.

I don't normally like to do caches in city limits, but with school and such, it's a good distractor from having to be "Responsible" heh heh. Most of the time I try to head out to the Lake Pleasant area or out to the White Tanks. It's nice getting away from city life for a while - I'm from Montana orginally so finding solitude is kinda like being back home.

That cache mentioned by Nero is along my daily commute to ASU West, being an ammo can type, that's different from most of the ones I've found in that area. Those are usually micros under lamp skirts or magnetized under something.

Theres also a TB hotel at ASU west if you havent found that one yet..

Hi! I am a 40+ male in Phoenix for a 13 week contract job. I've found 450 caches in 20+ states and I'd like to find someone to show me some caching areas around here. I'm not too interested in the urban micros, although I'll load those up and find them if I happen to be near them.

I'd like a caching partner to do some moderate hiking with. I'm free every other weekend, some weekdays, and most mornings...

John

Are there any night caches in the Phoenix area? You know, the kind where you take a flashlight at night and use reflectors to guide you to the cache?

I'm not sure how many are still active, but we had a run on caches that required a blacklight to identify. Of course it's still a good idea to have one handy for those desert caches to look for scorpions.