Easy Gps

ashleedawg

OK. This should have a simple answer. Here's the problem. All I want to do is open many .loc files in Easy GPS in the same window so that I can upload them all together. There's gotta be a simle way of doing this, but I can't see one other than opening them one by one, then cascading the windows and dragging them into the same window one by one. Tried to openening several at one time, but when I do that, none show up. And if I open them one at a time, they're all in separate windows, and I gotta do the dragging or copy/paste thing.

How the heck do I do this? I know that it shouldn't be complicated.

I've encountered the same thing... :)

There are just over 200 caches within 10 miles of my home - so I had to combine about 12 'tabs' within Easy GPS.

As a regular member, you can check up to 20 caches for downloading into one .loc file.

Each .loc file opens on a separate tab within Easy GPS.

You must drag and drop (or copy) them all to one tab if you want to load them to your GPSr in one shot.

As far as I know that's the only way... and another good reason to pop for a Premium membership ;)

- but... I'm really new around here - so I could be totally wrong. :)

Edited by Seek+Hide

Yep, short of premium membership, there is no simpler way.

But, did you say you're dragging waypoints one at a time? Use CTRL-A to highlight all waypoints; CTRL-

C to copy; then go to the your master .loc file and hit CTRL-V paste.

Another thing you can do is ask a premium member to run a pocket query for you; but then, you'll have to sort through your found caches.

But, did you say you're dragging waypoints one at a time? Use CTRL-A to highlight all waypoints; CTRL-

C to copy; then go to the your master .loc file and hit CTRL-V paste.

When I click to download a waypoint for a cache, I save it to my desktop. Then, when I open it in Easy GPS, it's on it's own tab. And I want them all on one tab so I can hit "ctrl A" to highlite all of them on one tab and send them to the gps. When you hit "ctrl A", it highlights all of the waypoints on one tab, but not the rest. So, what I end up doing, is downloading waypoints one by one, and either move them one by one to one tab and uploading them all together, or downloading then one by one and uploading them one by one. Is there may a way to download more than one waypoint .loc file at a time from the site that I am unaware of? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding. I wouldn't've named this easy gps.lol

You can open multiple pages on Easy GPS, cascade the windows, highlight one page, hit Control A, and drag that entire group of 20 caches to drop them into the second file. I used to open one instance of EZGPS, then get the caches I wanted from GC.com in another instance and drag them across the desk top into the first.

Asking a premium member to run a PQ for use would violate the TOU.