Cache Count Incorrect

KD7JFV

My account seems to be counting 1 to many caches. I've only found 82 caches, but it keeps counting 83. I've gone over my list on GSAK, downloaded pocket quaries of all my found geocaches, and nothing changes there, i cant seem to find a duplicate entry. Any ideas? KD7JFV. ;)

My account seems to be counting 1 to many caches. I've only found 82 caches, but it keeps counting 83. I've gone over my list on GSAK, downloaded pocket quaries of all my found geocaches, and nothing changes there, i cant seem to find a duplicate entry. Any ideas?

You probably accidentally logged a cache as Found twice. Go get FindStats and run it on your All Finds PQ. It will tell you which caches you have logged as found more than once.

This is strange.

Looking at your profile, it shows 83 caches found, over 5 pages.

The first 4 pages have 20 finds each, the last one has 3. So 4*20+3 = 83.

However, I took all your finds and placed them in a text file, and only 82 are shown.

Oddly, the second of five pages of cache finds doesn't list 20 of them -- it lists 19, which is why you end up with 82 when you put them all in a text file.

I see it that way in both IE and Firefox. I don't remember ever seeing that before, but I don't usually count them looking for 20 per page, either :)

I downloaded the five pages of found caches into ExpertGPS and noticed that the second page had only 19 caches listed. I would check each of the caches on that second page for one with two found logs posted.

Personally I don't think GC.com should allow you to post two or more 'found' logs to the same cache, even if the cache owner allows it.