What To Get?

:o I am a newbie to caching and looking for a gps. I borrowed a unit to try caching and got hooked. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should get? I have been to the Garmin and Magellan site and read their GPS product guides and am still a little lost. The unit I have in mind right now is the GPSmap 60. I am looking for something around the $250 price range. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:o I am a newbie to caching and looking for a gps. I borrowed a unit to try caching and got hooked. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should get? I have been to the Garmin and Magellan site and read their GPS product guides and am still a little lost. The unit I have in mind right now is the GPSmap 60. I am looking for something around the $250 price range. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking, too. It depends on what your needs are. For me, the idea of having expandable memory seems handy so I'm considering the Legend CX, which is also around $250. The only other one I've considered is really out of my price range, but it has a better antenna - the GPS 60CX.

Hey there,

Just like you I've been researching to buy a new GPS, I've found reading these forums quite useful. There are alot of comments about the unit you are considering to buy. I checked out geocaching for dummies and there are alot of useful hints about features that are quite useful. I'm in a little lower price range than you but am convinced the Lowerance H20 might be my selection. Check that out too, I've heard alot of good things about it ..