Search Forum Function Broken?

Rhialto

Hello,

After a visit over a year ago, I just registered preparing for some GC activities soon.

I wanted to look for discussions on GPS unit and instead of asking a question that maybe was already asked with many replies already but it seems the Search feature is broken.

Fow how long it is broken and when I can expect it to be repaired? In many places we get some rude reply when we ask something that was already discussed and we are told to use the Search function. Not that I haven't tried!

Thanks

Rhialto wrote:

Let's see about the time display and timezone issue now.

As I understand it, the date/time for all postings on geocaching.com is Pacific Time (i.e., USA West Coast). It is not based upon the user's local time zone.

For example, I am posting this shortly after 8AM Eastern Time (1300 GMT). I expect the time stamp of the message to be around 5:15 AM to reflect the difference between EST and PST.

This frequently is the situation with E-mail servers, as well. When trying to determine whether a correspondent had time to read your most recent message to him before making his current post, look at the headers and see what time zone the server uses to stamp messages.

The reference may be to Universal Time, which is abbreviated "GMT", "Z" or "Zulu". Or, it may indicate the time zone is GMT minus 5, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

-Paul-

Well it's 2-2-06, I must say I am curious as to how my "overall forum experience" will improve.

I'm going to post this and check the time.......

10:23, well, mine says 10:25, but that's normal. My post time always shows correctly, I'm in the Central time zone.

Edited by Airmapper
Rhialto wrote:

Let's see about the time display and timezone issue now.

As I understand it, the date/time for all postings on geocaching.com is Pacific Time (i.e., USA West Coast). It is not based upon the user's local time zone.

For example, I am posting this shortly after 8AM Eastern Time (1300 GMT). I expect the time stamp of the message to be around 5:15 AM to reflect the difference between EST and PST.

This frequently is the situation with E-mail servers, as well. When trying to determine whether a correspondent had time to read your most recent message to him before making his current post, look at the headers and see what time zone the server uses to stamp messages.

The reference may be to Universal Time, which is abbreviated "GMT", "Z" or "Zulu". Or, it may indicate the time zone is GMT minus 5, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

-Paul-

If you set the proper time-zone in your control panel (click My Controls at the top of the page and look for Board settings) and have the daylight savings box checked (or unchecked) correctly, you will display the proper local time.

Edited by Stunod
If you set the proper time-zone in your control panel (click My Controls at the top of the page and look for Board settings) and have the daylight savings box checked (or unchecked) correctly, you will display the proper local time.

Ha! Ok then.. board and website have different timezone settings. Unlike the Avatar where you're redirected to geocaching.com to make selection.

Fixed now, thanks.

Edited by Rhialto