Plastic Spider

LeoCaptKirk

During a recent find, my geopartner thought it would be funny to leave a plastic tarantula guarding the cache. This doesn't sound too funny to me. In fact, I have been feeling terrible about it. Should I drive back and retrieve it---one team has already found it and thought it was funny, so they left it for the next team---or is this kind of joke done fairly regularly? I ask because we have already found 2 plastic snakes, and this tarantula was found in another cache, though just not "poised to pounce".

During a recent find, my geopartner thought it would be funny to leave a plastic tarantula guarding the cache.  This doesn't sound too funny to me. In fact, I have been feeling terrible about it.  Should I drive back and retrieve it---one team has already found it and thought it was funny, so they left it for the next team---or is this kind of joke done fairly regularly?  I ask because we have already found 2 plastic snakes, and this tarantula was found in another cache, though just not "poised to pounce".

The Ridiculous Green Helm has a rat guardian. :D I don't see it being a big deal.

Scott

I found a lampost micro that, when I started to lift the lampost skirt, the legs of an enormous spider came out and started wiggling madly at me. The cache was inside the giant spider but let me tell you, when those legs come out and wiggle at you it really gets your attention fast! I thought it was great.

I've also done one where you end up looking under the edge of a bridge and about 6 inches in front of your face is a rattlesnake. The cache is inside the snake. I loved it.

I found a micro in a pile of logs where the joke was that the micro was in a rubber rat. However, there was another surprize waiting for us. See the log and pics here.

I have a cache hidden down in some old lava rocks. I put a rubber snake under the ammo box as a joke. The snake disappeared and no one said anything about it in the logs???? Oh well.

Leave the spider. Some of us need to get our hearts racing once in a while.

Edited by Ballooner

There's a cache hider in our area named Dr. Dastardly who hides caches in unusual things. We found one this weekend in a fake rubber realistic looking hand in an old stump. Good thing we found that one during the day. Also, he hides them in rats, spiders, etc. All of his are called _____phobia. That way if you look up the beginnning of the word you'll know what kind of creature you are looking for. There is one near us named Zemmiphobia. I had no idea it was fear of mole rats. Too bad it got washed away by recent flooding and we didn't get a chance to find it. We always take a stick when looking for his caches, to make sure what's real and what's not. They are clever, and we learn a thing or two as well.

Have fun cacheing!

There is a cache around here that is in an animal skull lodged back in a hole in a tree. We've also found a multi where the first stage is a rubber snake with the coords written on the underside and one more that was some type of rubber animal with the coords written in it. All by the same hider, this person also has a snake in a can at one stage of a multi.

Put the spider out with your cache.

During a recent find, my geopartner thought it would be funny to leave a plastic tarantula guarding the cache. This doesn't sound too funny to me. In fact, I have been feeling terrible about it.

There is one in Carrollton Tx that has a plastic tarantual glued to the container. Funny, if a bit heart-thumping at the moment...

There is a cache around here that is in an animal skull lodged back in a hole in a tree.

Put the spider out with your cache.

I found that one too. almost had to go home and change shorts :ph34r:

I am starting to use plastic frogs al-la "Signal"

Edited by Lowsky