Paperless

hunting101

Could someboby please help me. I downloaded GSAK and Cachemate today just to see if I could make heads or tails of it (which I can't). If I download wayponits from GC to GSAK, do I load GSAK to my GPSr or to my palm? I just bought a Palm m505 just for this (and its not easy to run itself). I know nothing about computers so please be gentle.

Thanks,

Hunting101

Nashville, TN

Ok I'm in the same boat as you as I'm just starting out paperless too but let me tell you that its 1000000000000000000000 times easier!!!

This is what I did.

Downloaded GSAK -

Download Cachemate (Pay the fee its worth it!) -

Hotsync Cachemate to Palm

Now once this is done you have the programs needed to start caching paperless!

What I do if I want to take individual caches is the following:

1. Find cache I'm looking for

2. Get the GPX on the cache page

3. The GPX file should be opened automatically by GSAK if not go to the folder where you downloaded the GPX file and click on it to have GSAK open it.

4. To send waypoint to gps go to GPS (at the top) then send waypoint

5. To send the cache info to Palm go to FILE then EXPORT

5a. Under EXPORT you will see Cachemate PDB file click on that and it will save it for when you hotsync next.

**BAM**

You have yourself a cache ready to go find! NO GO FIND IT!!!!

I hope this helps.. I read somewhere that there is a Cachemate hel parea but still being new I'm still learning.

ETA - How's Nashville? I haven't lived there since 95 but I find myself missing it every once in a while! :ph34r:

Edited by Ca_Ghost

You might want to add a premium membership to the mix, the PQ's really make things much smoother. :ph34r::mad::mad::mad::ph34r:

BTW, I wouldn't say that paperless is all that much 'easier'. It is one heck of a lot faster and more convenient though. The more caches that you are hunting on a given outing, the more you'll appreciate paperless, that's for sure. :mad:

Edited by Team Cotati

I think not being a member is part of my problem, but I was trying it out to see if I like it. O.K. I downloaded a .LOC file from GC to GSAK. Then I try to export it to my Palm and it ask me to create a PDB file. That is way over my head. I know you get GPX file when your a member and this my be my biggest problem. Nashville is wonderful.

Thanks,

Hunting101

Nashville, TN