Newbie Question

Baralak

Typically up to 72 hours. Reviewers are volunteers though, and sometimes things come up. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow you might want to send an email to your reviewer.

If you haven't hidden caches before, you might be wondering how to find your reviewer's email address. Look at another recent cache in your area. The very first log will likely say "Published" and will have a link to the reviewer's profile. You can email them from there.

Typically up to 72 hours. Reviewers are volunteers though, and sometimes things come up. If you don't hear anything by tomorrow you might want to send an email to your reviewer.

If you haven't hidden caches before, you might be wondering how to find your reviewer's email address. Look at another recent cache in your area. The very first log will likely say "Published" and will have a link to the reviewer's profile. You can email them from there.

Not all the cache listed have the "published by" log...some people (like me) often delete those.

Not all the cache listed have the "published by" log...some people (like me) often delete those.

True, so if it's been deleted, look for the next nearest cache, and so on :mad:

I've got one with the reviewing time coming up on two weeks.

During that time I've seen one go up in a couple of hours, and others have taken a few days.

Before you go implying that your reviewer is being neglectful of your cache, you may want to include your comment on your mystery cache submitted:

REVIEWER NOTE: Final cache type/location has not been determined yet

Accurate final coordinates are critical with any mutli-mystery cache.

Moose Mob - I appreciate your note. I understand how my previous post can be read that way - but it was not what I intended. My reviewer and I have a conversation going through email to get the cache finalized. I'm not dissatisfied with the progress of the reviewer and have nothing to dispute with him. That's why I didn't post any details about the cache.

The OP was asking about the average time it takes to have a cache reviewed and I was merely giving an example of how it can happen quickly or it could take some time.

The reviewers are volunteers and give a lot of their time to help keep this hobby alive and kicking. I don't think they get anywhere near the credit they deserve. If I've offended anyone with my previous post I apologize - there was nothing intended to be read into it.