Calling Cards - Yes Or No

gpsjester

I asked
Are calling cards left in caches for the cache owner or cache finders to collect and keep?

I was asking if anyone knows if calling cards are placed in caches to become the property of the cache owner to do with as they wish .

Or deposited for cache finders to retreive if they wish ?

Or are they placed to remain permanently in the container.?

Maybe property of the nearest bin :(:(

I was asking if anyone knows if calling cards are placed in caches to become the property of the cache owner to do with as they wish .

That's how I understand it.

This debate reminds me of the similar situation with QSL cards used by radio amateurs. For those who may not know, QSL cards are exchanged, usually by post, between radio amateurs. Orginally, and still principally, they're intended as proof that the contact took place, because such proof is usually required for awards. The cards are similar in size and construction to ordinary postcards. Like cachers and calling cards, radio amateurs are in two camps about QSL cards.

Anyway, during a discussion on QSL cards at a local radio club a few years back, the question was asked "How would you like to receive cards?". One amateur of my former acquaintance, who was very much against QSL cards, replied, without a moment's hesitation, "Shredded" :(