Ftf Question

VernalisBirdman

I guess I'll be the first to answer your question.

On the home page, type in your zip code in the top right corner; the unfound caches will not have a found date. After a while you'll be able to figure out the routine of your administrator and view your area during certain "peak published" times.

Yes, premium membership makes it easier, but it's not impossible.

And yes, geocaching is not designed to be competitive, but as in any other facet of life, it adds a little spice to things! Being FTF against premium members will only make the find that much sweeter; good luck and have fun.

Edited by Chuy

Ooh, have you picked a nasty area to try for FTFs. I assume your interest is prompted by the high pitch of the FTF competition in the city of Seattle. If not... Well either way, you're in for a humbling experience.

As the original Tiresome Usual Suspect, I can tell you that if you don't sit at your computer minute by minute watching for new caches, you'll need instant notification by email on your cell phone, along with a willingness to head for the door as soon as the phone rings to be in the race for most of the new caches around here. I get FTFs only by the chance of fortunate timing anymore.

edit:

The way to watch for new unfound caches on the cheap (and cumbersome) is to bookmark This page.

Edited by blindleader
I guess I'll be the first to answer your question.

On the home page, type in your zip code in the top right corner; the unfound caches will not have a found date. After a while you'll be able to figure out the routine of your administrator and view your area during certain "peak published" times.

Yes, premium membership makes it easier, but it's not impossible.

And yes, geocaching is not designed to be competitive, but as in any other facet of life, it adds a little spice to things! Being FTF against premium members will only make the find that much sweeter; good luck and have fun.

EXACTLY what I was going to say! You nailed it!

I found a cache yesterday before it was posted :P . I had just found a new cache and saw a location I thought would be good for another one. I went to my truck to get a cache and I met the hidder of the one I just found. I told him I had an idea for a new location he said I maight want to check the are before hidding one Hmmm. So I did and I found his new one before it was posted , no GPS and no Coordinates.

WHile I found it first, I did not log on the first line of the log. I could have but I didn't. Gee I hope I am not going PC yuck <_<