Playgrounds

I agree. Actually I was going to start a website dedicated to such a category until someone turned me onto Waymarking.com. I am always using my car GPS to find new children's playgrounds wherever we go. Using the car GPS sometimes we are delighted once we see the park and sometimes its a burn. Having this category would enable people to post them and before long we would a have a searchable index and perhaps see pictures of the equipment before actually going there.

edenite

hmm. I think most public playgrounds are generally made of various material these days. Of course there's a difference in how old the park is. For example you might find some older playgrounds with one of those steel rocket ships or a modern one with a compsite foam covered whale.

Public and private(pay) sound like good variables. There are elementary school playgrounds as well that are generally not open to the public (except for students in that school of course.) Can't think of anything else.

Love the idea.... I would particularly like it if it could be used while on a trip for a good stop-off for the kids to stretch their legs. (Fact is, I was REALLY hoping that it and a bunch of other Waymarking categories would have been put in place prior to our 1500 mile trip in December but hopefully next time... <grin>)

My preference would be for all playgrounds listed to be accessible to anyone so you don't have to worry about pulling up to one that is in a daycare or something.

I would prefer to see all the playgrounds listed with variables to distinguish whether it is a particular nice one or not... (rather than just listing the super-duper spectacular ones.) Maybe ratings based on size and condition and "fun factor" to help distinguish?

It would probably be helpful to have a variable for target age group. Some playgrounds have equipment for toddlers & a lot don't. Likewise, some have only smaller, toddler oriented equipment. (I'm not sure if this would be better as an "age" or "equipment type" variable.)

I don't care about the materials being used so much.

Just my opinion.

~J of TeamRJMK~

Playgrounds

:ph34r:Finally starting to 'Master' the other fonts and quotes etc. and now you have to change it again!!!

d22f0b87-569a-4319-bce3-38f5524c6604.jpg5c47965f-e2ea-4540-a2fd-bc94ae8629d6.jpg

69c6702c-807f-4529-a318-3357ef8bb3db.jpg

I drove by an interesting 'Playground' the other day and had to turn around to take a couple pictures. Haven't seen anything like this before. The last one was in North Dekota in 1994+/- when we constructed one for the 'Habitat for Humanity' for the kids, which cost over $10 000 at that time.

Excellent Catagory... perfect for the Geocachers when they take kids, so they can give them a break and stretch their legs or reward them for a good day out Caching.

Especially when you are caching out of town.

:ph34r: The Blue Quasar

Oops... didn't see the older matching catagory.... moving post to that... but I hope you guys can share it under the proposed GROUP feature

Edited by The Blue Quasar