Topo Software

Talmadge

Why did you mention you're using a Garmin GPS? DId you intend to use the NG Topo maps in the GPS. If so, you can't. IS your GPS a mapping GPS? If so, you can only load the maps from Garmin. They're 1:100,000 scale while NG Topo is 1:24,000 scale.

Edited by Alan2

I guess I am trying to print to large a scale for the map. I knew the NG TOPO was 1:24,000 scale. I thought there might be another brand the would work with GARMIN and show more detail. I understand that the Garmin76s will not load the TOPO, I just needed to print out the maps. Thanks..

You can create NG Topo files that can be transferred into your Pocket PC that will show your position on the 24K maps. In addition to the NG State series (around 100.00) you need to get NG Pocket Topo which was $25 when I bought it a couple of years ago.

NG Topo of course prints maps. You can adjust the size of the maps on the printout to make it easier to read.

Edited by Alan2
I am using National Geographic TOPO for NC.Is there software that shows more detail on a computer and will print small maps? I am using a Garmin GPS.

NG topo map software is the best you can buy and it is the best for detail.

Lots of detail on a small map, this is just not going to happen. if you were to put lots of detail on a small map it would bo to clutered to be usefull