Gpx Vs. Loc Files

I was wanting to download all the waypoints in my area to my Garmin etrex legend C. I tried just using the check boxes but this left me with the less informative LOC file. I am using the GSAK and love it, I just want to take full advantage of what the program has to offer. Does anyone know a way to download the info rich GPX file on a mass scale?

thanks again

Cole

Victory of Spicy_Victory

Becom premium Member and make Pocket Queries of your region. You can get 500 caches per PQ and 5 a day. I get 3 a day with a max of 200 Kilometer. Now i have 3000 caches and stay up to date. I have used the placingdate to get all in this area. The first one starts on 01-01-2001. I chose the end date in that way so that i have almost 500. The second wan i started on the same date as the first ends. So now i have 8 different PQ i get to times in the week divided over 7 days. Every day i get a pq with caches that have been change in the last week. I hope you understand what i have been doing.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Since I see you are a Premium member I'm assuming that you download gpc files from geocaching.com to populate your GSAK database.

Are you saying the you are trying to send the waypoints from GSAK to the Garmin. If so, then all it will send is waypoint coords, name and symbol. Your GPS will only hold normal waypoint information because that's all the GPS is designed to do. It won't hold all the extra information in GSAK. Think of the info you can enter into the GPS without GSAK and that's everything you can enter to the GSP with GSAK and no more.

JDandDD

I suspect you need to edit your pocket query.

At the bottom of the Pocket Query Tool Page, you will notice a drop box that begins, "In the Format"; select .gpx, and make sure you select you want it in .zip file format. When you download the .zip files, GSAK will automatically unzip 'em and load up the gpx files. Just make sure you select .zip when in the GSAK utility page.

Becom premium Member and make Pocket Queries of your region. You can get 500 caches per PQ and 5 a day. I get 3 a day with a max of 200 Kilometer. Now i have 3000 caches and stay up to date. I have used the placingdate to get all in this area. The first one starts on 01-01-2001. I chose the end date in that way so that i have almost 500. The second wan i started on the same date as the first ends. So now i have 8 different PQ i get to times in the week divided over 7 days. Every day i get a pq with caches that have been change in the last week. I hope you understand what i have been doing.

Hey tha's what I do too. Only I do it on a weekly basis downloading only the new caches from the last week.

The only problem is it still downloads cdaches that have "changes" as well as new caches although there may not have been any new posts during the previous week for the existing caches. I haven't yet figured out how to eliminate those caches.

Any ideas?

A change can be a log, a change in the text or coordinates, etc. Why do i download all the caches in the area? I do that so i can see if a cahes is archives. The date of the last GPX is out of range ( old ). Now and then a need a little help from a log to find a cache. It is a problem for me becouse i cache in a big areae so wen i only get the caches how have a change in the last week on a weekly base i onley get a max of 500 caches and my database will not be consistant. Perhase i will surge a cache witch is not availebel or archived. A dnf on the outher region of my cache arear wil not be in the system. In this way i have the almostet good database. Perhaps i will change it in the future i will make the area 300KM and get a PQ only wans a week.

A good explanation how pocket queries work ore how to get the best result is explaind on this Site . Please reed it good because it give a manual witch GC.COM dos not give.