Cache Killers

FWSquatch

Recently, I took my 4 year old daughter "treasure hunting" and we found a cache that had been raided, not by muggles, but by cache killers. The offenders took everything out of the ammo box, but left 3 crayons and a piece of paper that says "This cache has been killed." It was hard to explain to my little girl why someone would do this, but the experience made me wonder what exactly would be the best way to combat this? My guess is that the "killers" are looking for attention and seeing people talk about them would only encourage them. I decided to email the cache owner and tell them what happened and then log the find as if nothing was wrong. What do you guys think of this? Is there a better way to do it?

... What do you guys think of this? Is there a better way to do it?

The only thing you could of done better was not post about it in the forums. Sad but true. Alas it is hard to explain to your daughter what motivates people like that, when she's old enough to understand, she will also understand the legend of big shoes, why guys drive Corvettes and why nobody can cay "Cigar and Clinton" in the same breathe and not snicker.

My guess is that the "killers" are looking for attention and seeing people talk about them would only encourage them. I decided to email the cache owner and tell them what happened and then log the find as if nothing was wrong. What do you guys think of this? Is there a better way to do it?

The perfect way of dealing with it. Now let this thread fall off the page.