How To Search For Caches Along A Route?

2Rad4U

Markwell's site has a nice process to do this (sorry I don't have the link I bet someone else does). However, the one mentioned above will work fine and I use it often. Also if you are a Premium Member, you can DL caches into Google Earth and scroll along your route (although you are limited in scroll #'s). Using this you can see if it is in woods, rest stops (if you want...), etc...

There is a large discussion regarding the topic pinned at the top of the "Geocaching Website" forum. As I understand it now, it would require some expensive mapping software that is just out of the question right now. Thus, the solutions created by cahcers are the best available option.

Go to any cache page near the beginning of your trip, like one that's near the interstate you'll be taking. Open the cache page and click the link for Geocaching.com maps. It's down there with Mapquest, Google Maps, TopoZone, etc. Then, zoom out to a zoom level that still shows the highway route you'll be taking, and start panning along the route looking for caches right next to the highway (rest stops and exits).

This is the "low-tech" way to do caches along a route. I bookmark the rest stop and easy on/off caches into a bookmark list and download them as a PQ, then combine them with a full PQ for my destination area.

Markwell's site has a nice process to do this (sorry I don't have the link I bet someone else does). However, the one mentioned above will work fine and I use it often. Also if you are a Premium Member, you can DL caches into Google Earth and scroll along your route (although you are limited in scroll #'s). Using this you can see if it is in woods, rest stops (if you want...), etc...

There is a large discussion regarding the topic pinned at the top of the "Geocaching Website" forum. As I understand it now, it would require some expensive mapping software that is just out of the question right now. Thus, the solutions created by cahcers are the best available option.

I don't think you need to be a premium member to use Google Earth.