How To Start A Signature Collection?

UOTrackers

We just got started caching on Christmas, thanks to my husband. We try to take our daughter with us when weather permits, she is 9 weeks old. It seems most parents start their kids collecting something, so I thought why not signatures since we plan to cach as a family as much as possible? We've brain stormed and will be making her first signature soon, but aren't quite sure where to go from there?

Again any suggestions are greatly appreciated (we're so addicted already)

Brae of UOTrackers

I have a pretty good collection of rubber lizards and wooden nickels. I have a few 'calling cards', but I don't get into those as much. Some of the lizards are from Appalachian Lizards and some are from our Nevada trip and were from OU8ALIZZARD. Now I've added a rubber snake and a couple of buttons.

My husband has a couple dozen plastic firemen.

Plenty of stuff out there to collect, that's for sure. Have fun and welcome!

Are the lizards and nickles signatures of cachers? I've seen a couple collections in these forums and that's what gave me the idea. My husband has a collection of beer cans from around the world, and I can tell you they are neat and all but I don't want them in my house, they take up a lot of room! I have a collection of Beanie Babies that I have handed down to the baby, but they are jsut beanie babies. I want her to have something meaningful, even if the first year or two worth she doesn't remember. I also received a really nice camera for Christmas so we take pictures at each cache. I just figured a signature item collection would hold a little more meaning.

She's gone on 4 caches with us so far. 2 we found, the other 2 we haven't yet. Last night I came up with a signature item for when she's with us so I'm gonna get them made today and place the first 2 in the caches she was with us for. Later I"ll come up with a signatuure item for me. Her's will be numbered in the fashion of "Baby's First Cache", "Baby's Second Cache" etc...

Happy caching!

Brae of UOTrackers

Collections only have the meaning you put into them. Thus your husband likes his beer can collection, while you think they take up too much space and he should enjoy them somewhere other than your house.

Your daughter will like what she likes when she's old enough to have an interest. Maybe she will like the beanie babies. Maybe not. Anything you do for her now is premature if her liking it is important. There are a couple of family collections that were handed down to me and in turn to my kids. They don't show anything more than a passing interest. Meanwhile one collects Bratz dolls and the other Seashells and bottle tops. Maybe they will grow into the collections that I'd like them to have an interst in, or maybe their children will. Meanwhile we help them with what they do collect.

That link is great, I saw it last night and it's what gave me the idea. We picked up her first signature item today in a cache that has taken us 3 tries to finish! It's a cute little button.

I never had a collection of anything started for me until I was 20, then came the beanie babies. I just thought this one would be a fun one, maybe it will be more of a family collection. I scrapbook too so I've beent aking pictures all along the way. Oh well I am having fun, we dropped off what we have made for the baby's first signature items today. I can't wait to see how the cacher's like them!