City Select Upgrade Dvd

I received my upgrade DVD and am ready to upgrade from version 6 to version 7.  Do I need to uninstall version 6 first or does version 7 overwrite version 6?  Or after upgrading are both versions installed on my machine?

Thanks for the help.

When I upgrated to 7m I didn't uninstall 6 and it worked perfectly. After upgrating, when you open mapsouce, make sure to select CS7 in the version window beside the icones. All version installed can be viewed in that window

d17f02b4-a70b-4044-bfe5-0ca941f5d0cb.jpg

Edited by Nomade

Version 7 won't install unless you've got version 6 installed.

And, if it's anything like Bluecharts, the old version will still be installed. So if you need room on your harddrive you will need to erase the old version.

I would rename the subdirectory for Version 6 to something different and make sure that version 7 still works before totally deleting version 6.

I received my upgrade DVD and am ready to upgrade from version 6 to version 7. Do I need to uninstall version 6 first or does version 7 overwrite version 6? Or after upgrading are both versions installed on my machine?

Thanks for the help.

When did you order your upgrade DVD? I ordered mine on 11/24 and still havn't received it yet! :D