Legend C Or 60c?

forrest39

I'm actually doing my homework for when the Legend Cx and 60Cx comes out, but my questions should relate directly.

Has anybody had the Legend C and 60C that could give me a comparison? Things they liked/disliked? Or mabey had a Legend C and took it back in favor if a 60C...

The things that concern me is the screen size and also antenna performance. How much better is the 60C than the Legend C? Is the ~$120 worth paying?

Thanks in advance...

-4ist :anitongue:

I can not speak of the Legend C, but I've had my 60C and love it. Everything about the 60C is worth the extra cost when you consider you'll own it for years. Besides, I see right now on Amazon.com you can have a 60C for $249! Can't beat that. I paid that much for my Legend 5 years ago!

Edited by Timpat

Briansnat reports that in side-by-side comparisons, the Legend C has better reception than the 60C. The 60C uses a quad helix antenna, and the Legend uses a patch, but the newer technology in the Legend apparently wins out.

The Legend C is smaller and lighter. It is shirt-pocket sized. The 60C is too large to carry comfortably in your shirt pocket.

The 60C has a slightly larger screen and more than twice the memory for maps. Also, it holds 1,000 waypoints, while the Legend C holds only 500. The 60C has a serial connection in addition to a USB port. The Legend is USB only.

A tough decision, but hard to go wrong with either unit.

Edit: Must learn to type!

Edited by Sputnik 57

For having both, I also could had that I find the resolution on the LegenC better then on the 60C probably because the screen is smaller but don't think that the resolution on the 60C is no good, it's exellent. Another thing, when you connect the LegendC on the pc with the USB cable, the unit takes it's power throught the PC not on the batteries. What I like about the 60C, larger size screen, FIND and MARK buttons directly on the unit, no need to go throught the menus. As for the reception, I didn't really see any difference from my part.

What I like about the 60C, larger size screen, FIND and MARK buttons directly on the unit, no need to go throught the menus. 

The Legend C also has FIND and MARK buttons right on the unit; you don't have to go through menus if you don't want to.

FIND: press and hold the MENU/FIND button (the lowest one on the left side).

MARK: press and hold the click-stick (also referred to as the "Enter" key in the manual)

Another difference is that the 60C has an external antenna jack. This is handy when flying on a commercial jet, I can mount the antenna to the window using a suction mount and sit in an isle seat and still get good reception! With the LegendC, you'd have to hold the unit to the window or wedge it between something near the window - and then you'll probably only get intermittent reception.

Then again, you're talking about the new Sirf chipset which is noted for its enhanced reception capabilities, so that issue MAY be moot. Still, it may be an issue to examine and keep in mind - not just for flying, but for boating, going on a cruise ship or any other activity which may offer limited visibility of the sky.

Edited by Neo_Geo