Cache Placement In Remote Villages

1stimestar

I recently started a new job that will have me traveling to remote bush villages here in Alaska on a fairly regular basis. I looked and found no caches near the first one. I'm leaving tomorrow for Allakaket for 3 days. After my first trips to each village I think I'll place some simple caches at each one. They might not get much traffic but they will be there for others who do get to fly in.

You should discuss this in the Northwest Forum. There are some very active Alaska cachers that would be very interested.

I know there are some caches in the remote interior. Denali View is in Lake Minchumina, and I think I remember hearing about some in Nenana. A couple places I visited a long time ago....

Have fun and spread the cache!

Team Maccabee

You should discuss this in the Northwest Forum.  There are some very active Alaska cachers that would be very interested.

I know. While not as prolific as some (being a single parent) I am an Alaskan cacher.

The Denali View is pretty remote but Nenana is on the road system. The villages I am going to are not. One must fly in. Since they will be on my regular route, I will be visiting them on a regular basis in order to maintain them. Though unless they are muggled, they probably wont need much as the traffic they are likely to get will be pretty slow. I am just excited about putting some together for these places.