.kml And Multiple .gpx File Downloads?

Dan and Taya

1.) Go to your account page. On the right-hand side is Build Pocket Querys. This is where you can download up to 500 .gpx files at a time with LOTS of options on filtering what you want exactly. You can run up to 5 PQs/day for a total of 2500 files if you wanted them.

2.) .kml, I believe, is the format that Google Earth uses to diplay the caches in a particular area. All you need to do is download Google Earth, then, again going to your my account page, you'll find the link "Download Geocache browser in Google Earth". Once you've done this, go back to Google Earth, find an area you're intersted in, wait a few seconds-a couple minutes depending on your connection and before your very eyes, the caches start to pop up.

Happy Caching! :anitongue:

Ok, so I got Google Earth to work, but only "opened" the file from GC accounts page. Next time I went to Google Earth, all the GC stuff was gone. Do I need to "save" the download file from GC? If so, where? Or do I need to tell Google to save my temp locations?

Right now I'm having better luck using USAPhotoMaps. I can do a multi-download of GC .LOC files, rename them with a .gpx extension, look at them on topo or aerial photos, and download to the gpsr. All in one application. Might not have all the data that comes with the GC .gpx files, but I'm getting eager to do my first hunt. Guess it's time to just jump in and see what happens and learn by experience.

Edited by Dan and Taya

Shiver me timbers, me and the parrot thank ye Cap'n Pasha. Aaaaarrrrgggg.

I be noticin a minor drawback of photomaps. The scurvy dog downloads me waypoints to the waypoints area of me etrex. I be reckonin to get em to the geocache area, I be havin to use GSAK. Aaaarrrrggg. I'll be settin sail for that test shortly.

Whar's me daily ration of grog?

How do ye fit 15 men on a dead man's chest? Aaaaaarrrrrgggg.