Easygps Help

slumbersix

Hey guys..

I have a question for those of you who use EasyGps.

When you download the co-ordinates into the GPS, it gives you the waypoint name which isn't the name of the cache. I was wondering if there was any way to get it to automatically download the name rather than the GC#. Anyone help with this?

Thanks

I do not of a way know a way to do this with easygps, that is why use GSAK instead of easygps. You can down load GSAK and use it for a short time at no charge to try it out, Then you will have to pay to use after that, it is not very expensive. GSAK is very popular with a large numbe of geocachers.

GSAK link=Geocache Swiss Army Knife

Edited by JohnnyVegas
I use EasyGPS and MapSource and just edit the name of the cache after its downloaded into my GPSr. Works for me.

For the OP, if you are using a Garmin product, then the quote is really the only option for you; manually edit the waypoint name (the GCXXXX) with something that resembles the cache nickname (or "cache name").

If using a Magellan product (I am guessing you have a Garmin), then the cache nickname and who placed the cache gets uploaded in the "comments" portion of the saved waypoint. I do not remember how I configued easy GPS to do this with my Magellan SportTrak Map, but it can be done. That way, I have both the waypoint and geocache identifications available.

No argument on Garmin vs Magellan here, since I use both (Garmin Venture and a Magellan SportTrak Map). I have found that each offsets the negative points of the other. :o