Airport Cache

5winters

Hello,

Im looking to place my second cache and have a question. My father is a pilot and airport where he flys out of has a small park on airport grounds, outside the fenced "secure" area. I have a great idea for a regular sized cache. We both know the airport director and I know someone on the airport board of directors, so I think that I have a fair chance at getting it approved by them. Would a cache near an active airport be approved by geocaching.com if I show that I have permission? I'd like to know before I bother the airpot personel about it.

Thanks - 5winters

I would think so, but you might want to tell someone at the airport to expect to see people looking for it. That way they won't get suspicious.

Just tell the reviewer that you have permission (If you do) or that none is needed for that spot (If it's not)

I've been considering placing a cache near my home base, but haven't found a good spot.

One more thing, is it a busy airport or a country strip, or in the middle? But as long as it isn't inside or near the perimeter fence no one should care.

Edited by Airmapper
Just to be clear there is only one approver for idaho? The same person who approved my first hide, thanks.

There are any number of reviewers that might publish your cache. If you have any questions though, the one to contact would be the one who did your other cache. You could then mention your email conversation in the reviewer notes so that another reviewer would know what has been going on.

Pictures of the cache location and general vicinity can be done. Ill have to do it the old fashion way, 35mm and scanning tho. Just to be clear there is only one approver for idaho? The same person who approved my first hide, thanks.

Yes, that would be him.

Keep in mind that your reviewer notes will be archived at the time of publication, so don't worry about accidentally telling finders anything inside the notes.