Making A Cache From Item Lost?

phox

I went to a cache pretty far away from my home (~370 miles) and lost an item of sentimental value. While it is of little or no value to anyone but me, is there a way to make a cache to get it back as opposed to just posting in the forums? I think it would be a fun thing to do, offering a reward + cost of shipping, etc. It was extremely near coordinates of said cache and I know exactly where it is. I just couldn't find it in the dark and had to leave. It is in a very public place and will be found eventually if someone doesn't find it soon.

Thanks for any insight on this <_<

Edited by phox

It won't work as a cache listing. That requires a container, log book, permanency, more than .1 mile from another cache etc under the listing guidelines. But what you could do is both post a note on the cache page asking people to look for it and you could also see if there are local forums to post in and post a plea for help there and/or on the regional forum here. A local might read it and go look for you. I know of local cachers going to look for lost items before when they read such pleas for help.

Edit: The moose beat me to it. <_<

Edited by carleenp

oh geesh! I was in the car too long (and suffering after seeing dolphins lose 22-0 after drivin that far!) to remember the .10 rule DOH!

just was tryin to make it more fun :blink:

ill be ok <_<

maybe <_<

oh and in case anyone was wondering .. it was a Miami Dolphins hat (color and style they don't seem to make anymore) .. in Cleveland .. in about a thigh high pile of leaves

.. it was a Miami Dolphins hat

Just give it up for lost and buy an Indianapolis Colts hat. ;);)

Pardon me, but the correct procedure is to trade up.

Edit: Go Broncos!

What's Denver's record as compared to the Colts?

:huh:

You might also ask the cache owner to put something on the main cache page. That way when your log drops off the main page people will still see it.

Edited by JeepinJeff