Virtual Tb

Labrador Retriever

Sorry BlueDeuce. I just longed on. In answer to your question[/quoteJust to verify, can you tell me the bug that was logged through your cache?] The one that logged it didn't tell what it was. Here is the log[quote November 10 by Bright Shining Stars (133 found)

Dropping off a virtual TB. If there were never vikings here it seems like there should have been.

] I don't know what to make of it.

You are correct that they didn't visit your cache, however they posted a note rather than claiming a find.

There is a practice of logging virtual bugs (non-psychical) through caches that 'meet' it's goal.

I don't know. You could feel...(I don't want to say honored)...uhm ...interested that someone picked your cache or you could feel annoyed that someone using caches for an online game of button-button.

Well, we'll have to consider the impact to the game overall. It's not going to get resolved today.

The TB that was dropped is this: Ari the Viking virtual TB (TBFCF1). The Current GOAL is: I want to travel in the footsteps of my forefathers stopping off at known Viking settlements around the known world. I have been lost and now am doomed to wander the world as a virtual TB.

Since it was place in your cache on 11/10 it has moved through 7 other caches from New Zealand to the Netherlands.

I have a number of virtual TBs on my watch list. On rainy days or days I don't have time to cache, I will drop a virtual TB into caches I have visited. It keeps me from going into geocaching withdrawal.

Donna

Virtual Travel Bugs make no sense. If it was my cache I would do as others do and delete the log. But that's my own opinion. How can something that doesn't exist visit your cache? No one signed the log book, and that's one of the "requirements" for logging a find, wouldn't it stand to reason that it should stand the same for a travel bug? People who lose bugs turn them into virtuals and before long it's really going to be a waste of bandwidth. If it's gone, it's gone. You can go to where they make dog tags and make another tag with your number if you don't want to send away for another bug. But a virtual bug makes no sense. Hey buddy, air just passed through your cache, but nobody actually brought it there, so we're gonna log it in anyway. Virtual caches are going the way of Waymarking, perhaps virtual TBs should only be logged into waymarks?