Spycam Cache

adambro

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do the SpyCam cache in Germany (GCB750). I've found the webcam no problem but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions. Has anyone done this cache that would be able to provide me with a better translation of the instructions. I'm not wanting any information beyond what is provided on the cache page, just wanting someone to explain it a bit better.

Thanks,

adambro

I'm having trouble with this one as well. I can get the first clue OK - at least I think I have, I'm pointing at something that fits the description. But then I can't get any further. I assume when it says "assign a number to the letter" it means A=1, B=2 etc.

I cannot find the second clue - the logo - I've tried every combination I can think of of using the maths sign, adding 72 (from the instructions) changing -55 to +55 adding the number from the letter, changing the camera angle and zoom, but can't find a logo!

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do the SpyCam cache in Germany (GCB750). I've found the webcam no problem but I'm having trouble understanding the instructions. Has anyone done this cache that would be able to provide me with a better translation of the instructions. I'm not wanting any information beyond what is provided on the cache page, just wanting someone to explain it a bit better.

Thanks,

adambro

It gets even harder once you've found the second sign!

I agree that the maths doesn't make a great deal of sense. It should really state assign the alphabetical number to the letter and add this to the bearing. Then add 72.

Hope this helps & good luck! :unsure:

Thanks Hancock Clan. That confirmed my thinking. Looks like quite a few people are trying to find it at the moment, there is quite a queue. I've got the next stage, just don't understand the instructions. Any idea what the rest of the instructions mean?

Thanks,

adambro

All I'll say is that the number assigning is obviously alphabetical and the asterix in B*100 is a multiplication.

As for the co-ords of the logo, you have to find that out yourself. It's not easy and you'll have to spend a great deal of time looking on online maps/google earth etc. but it can be done!

I don't want to give anything away on the forums but the above should help as the translation is a little ambiguous (it took me hours!).

I did this cache a little more than a year ago while on holiday... in Canada. :unsure: The owner (Schnueffler) is a nice guy and will give you some hints, as long as you are making a reasonable effort yourself as well.

At stage 2, you will see a logo. Let's say it's "Pepsi". So you add 16+5+16+19+9=65 to (A + 4) to get B.

By far the hardest part is finding the exact coordinates of the logo. It appears on several buildings in the city in question. However, you can get quite close using a street map.

The "special transportation equipment" is several km away; IIRC it's in another town. Some Googling will be required, probably in German.

Good luck!

Nick