Abreviation Terms

carouselcheesecakes

I see so many different abbreviations in logbooks. Is there a place I can look them all up? Some are quite obvious but others are not. We just placed our first cache and have no idea what some of the terms mean.

With winter coming in our area some members are complaining about being visible from the walking path. Naturally in the spring and summer the vegetation is denser and is a great hiding spot. This is the only complaint we have seen so far. I am curious to see if some of these abbreviations are things we need to correct.

Carousel Cheesecakes

I was impressed the Three Muskateers Style was on there.

The only terms not on there that I can think of is cache maggot.  Hula Dance, Drunken Bee Dance though the dances have stopped being discussed in the forums.

What is the Hulla Dance, or Drunken bee? Does that have anything to do with walking in circles?

Bingo! Sometimes also known as chacing the arrow.

...What is the Hulla Dance, or Drunken bee? Does that have anything to do with walking in circles?

As you know as you get close to ground zero the pointer on your GPS becomes worthless. The hula and the drunken bee dances are different methods to compensate.

The Hula involves waving your arm various directions looking for that "0".

The drunken bee (I use the hula method) dance does the same thing but you just walk to and fro as you try to find zero.

There is a method to the madness, but the truth is if you are at the point of doing either you should be looking for the cache. If you are holding the GPS looking for ground zero and you have friends, odds are they will find the cache while you are stil on the zero quest.