Please Help!

And before any one complains it's totally caching related ;) .

I have to email a copy of the Introduction to Geocaching document to a Senior member of a department in a local CC, who wishes more info on geocaching (he does not work in their countryside services so has not got a clue about geocaching) as he has to discus the issue of granting permission for a cache with the county's legal eagles and a Government department as well (please don't ask, as it's getting more convoluted every time I speak to him).

The problem I have is part of his email address is underscored. Can someone please tell me in simple terms how to underscore a name. The sooner I send the attachment to him the sooner I can get a decision. (this proccess has been ongoing for nearly 3 months).

Dave ;)

E-mail addresses are just strings of ordinary letters (and the odd number). You can't including text attributes like underscoring, bold, etc.

Someone might send you their address with the text underscored but that's probably so you can tell their family name from their given name. Not normally a problem with UK names, but in Hungary names are always written "NAGY Zoltan" or whatever, and French people sometimes do the same.

Also, you can't transmit the "underscore" attribute over a phone. ;) So I suspect that whoever took the name down was doodling...

So just try "fred.blogs" and it should work. In any case, if it doesn't, you'll get a "bounce" message.

Edited by sTeamTraen