Builtmore Estate

Shrek & Fiona

The Asheville area is a very cache-rich part of our state. If you clicked on the nearest link from the cache that DM suggested you'll see 19 more within 2.6 miles!

There is a little bit of everything available from parking lot and urban micros, roadside park n grabs, neat puzzles, neighborhood parks, and really nice mountain hikes.

The areas along route 19 NW of town, and down I-26 into Hendersonville are especially dense with caches everywhere. If you do head that way, be sure to stop at Jump Off!

edited to add link.

Edited by wimseyguy

The coordinates to the entrance of the Biltmore Estate are reasonably close to N35 33.998 W82 32.681. The Cedar Cliff Gate cache is actually at an alternate exit to Biltmore and is not for the public.

How close is "very close"? Email me your preferences and I will get back to you with some suggestions.

Better yet, skip Asheville and the Biltmore and go directly to Sylva for hours of caching enjoyment... :D:huh::unsure: (Search the 28779 zipcode.)

Edited by OzGuff

There is a series of 6 or 7 letterboxes on the grounds of Biltmore estate.

Visit letterboxing.org to read more about this interesting hobby.

No GPS used is used to find letterboxes, rather you go on clues, description and compass. Be sure to bring a "personal" stamp (something that reflects your style), an ink pad, and notebook if you decide to pursue them. And no trading of items is involved with letterboxes!

Unlike geocaching, there is no online logging of letterboxes, so you won't accumulate any smilies for it. You will, however, collect a notebook full of neat stamped images to remember your finds.