Help With A Puzzle Cache?

jacobsen1

OK, My wife and I are just starting with cacheing, and so for we love it... We are pretty much addicted and go every weekend since it's dark when we get off work. We have been looking at all the caches in our area, and so far we have found all the caches we have set out to find. We have found a few multis and a few traditional caches, but we printed out our first mystery cache and are a bit confused as to how they work...

THIS CACHE LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED.............

Now after reading the cache and hint, we have no clue as to what to look for, or where to look for it... Now, I really don't want the answer given to me, but could someone steer us onto the right track? When you need help with mystery caches, where do you go? The creator, other cachers??? I'm thinking it's something to do with changing the numbers in the Lat Lon, but I'm not sure how these work...

Thanks for any advise to us n00bs...

The Jacobsens

Edited by jacobsen1

In all fairness, the OP was fine.

Now, I really don't want the answer given to me, but could someone steer us onto the right track? When you need help with mystery caches, where do you go? The creator, other cachers???
Isano Karst's response was correct:
Asking the cache owner is considered correct form.
It is definitely bad form to ask for help in the forums for a specific puzzle cache.

Where jacobsen1 went wrong was listing the cache. I guess some folks just can't help themselves. Shame on them! :)

Wow!!! What a great puzzle cache! I used to live on that island, so I had to solve it. It's very doable. I can't wait to get back to RI and go for this one. In the meantime, I'm gonna copy it, if the owner promises not to make me walk the plank!

- T of TandS

Yeah, I guess I'm sorry for the link, but again I didn't want the solutions, just who to ask for some guidance... Anyway, we'll be looking for this one this weekend.

First ? cache for us... The only unfortunate part is that the "hidden" message doesn't work on my CPU (or any other that I have tried) but I found another way to see it so it's OK...

Ben

Oh, and people here didn't tell me the answer, but things to try that will help find the answer... so they didn't spoil it for me, just help me out a bit.

Edited by jacobsen1