Workshop Cache Event - Paperless Geocaching

La Fifi

I'm sorry if this might be presumptuous, but as there is such a wealth of 'techie' knowledge out there, has anyone considered running a workshop for the technophobes in the geocache community? I read the forums for tips and hints, but hands on practicals generally sink in better.

It could be organised as an event cache with the workshop as an option.

I have considered this in the past, and one of our esteemed reviewers gave it the thumbs up in principal, however.... the thought of suddenly becoming everyone's IT "expert" (not that I am one by any means) was too much B)

I have considered this in the past, and one of our esteemed reviewers gave it the thumbs up in principal, however.... the thought of suddenly becoming everyone's IT "expert" (not that I am one by any means) was too much B)

just a thought off the top of my head, but rather than have a physical event workshop, we could have a virtual event workshop, at a time convenient for a number of experienced paperless cachers. We could hijack an IRC channel for the evening (prefereably one that is available without the use of a chat program like mIRC) and people could log in (or attend) the cache throughout the evening. That way, lots of people would be around to answer questions, and the pressure wouldn't be on stuey to become an IT expert! Also, anyone from the UK could log in to ask questions, and try out the answers in real time.

How does that sound?

You could have something there! I wonder if you could create an Event that is "online"? Certainly different!

I know there are loads of people with loads of knowledge about all things technical, so there might be some merit in (someone else) arranging something B)

I distinctly remember reading a while ago of a geocaching channel that had been set up online somewhere by a UK cacher - can't remember who though! I wouldn't have a clue how to do that bit! Once thats available, just needs a date set where as many of our hasbeen drips-under-pressure are available! Could this be the first 'virtual event cache'? B)

Dave