Cache Logs

K0BKL

I'm really surprised. Out of 200+ finds, I've never seen a swear-word in either the physical cache log or the online posts (but some @#$^@#$). Most of the cachers I know are by reputation only, and I would never believe that they would openly cuss in a log. The ones I know in person wouldn't cuss in a log, period.

I agree that I would remove those from my logs, but I would also contact the person who logged it if it did make it online and let them know (politely) why I was taking it down.

Hopefully this won't happen too often.

JW

I have a cache on a bike path that has been found many times by non- cachers. They haven't damaged it but they move it, making it into a real tough find for the next cacher. I have had some mild potty mouth logs from (I'm guessing) pre-teens. In any case, I changed the small trading cache into a heavily camo'ed micro. The write up describes the cache in some detail, and the clue is a total spoiler, as my intent is only that the cache become invisible to noncachers. This is working so far.

I am hoping that it is not a geocacher.

I found a second note in a nearby cache that I missed before.

I may be archiving a couple of caches. Both are rather

in muggle country, not in the woods, like most of mine.

So far, neither have been logged online, so it must be a muggle.

I found a funny "muggle note" in a cache a couple of months ago. It said:

I've heard about these things. You should hide it better.

;)

Last spring, because of its cammo, it would have been almost impossible to find, but since everything has dried out and turned brown, the cache's green "foliage" gives it away.

At least the muggle didn't swear, and they replaced the cache where they found it . . . :blink: