Locating Caches

pilotsr & pilotjr

How do I find cache locations along a planned route? I know I can enter a city, zip code or LAT/LON coordinates on the web site, but what if I am planning a trip, say from Cleveland to Buffalo. Is there a way to find the location of caches along the way without sitting at the computer with a map and entering a couple of dozen cities?

I'm new to this, and my son and I have been having a lot of fun with it so far.

Thanks in advance for any help from the community.

You probably need to be a premium member to get the full benefit of caching along a route. I'm not so I get coords for about every 10 or so miles along the road, do searches, and weed out what I want. Tedious but it works.

Welcome to Caching and the Forums.

Also cool to see another Pilot in here, there are quite a few Pilot cachers.

Thanks for all the info.

I'm still sorting through it, but I get the feeling I'm not the first person to ask for this. Some of it I understand, and some of it is Greek to me. But if I can fly a plane, I ought to be able to figure this out.

It's great to know there are people out there who are will to help a newbie get started.

That's what the forems are for! When their is no newbies to assist then we are over at the Off-topic blowing all kinds of smoke...but when their is someone in need the alarm is sent off and we all rush over to see what we can do to help, no matter what the dumb level is...because no question is dumb to us, some are just easier to answer than others.