Members Only Caches

I would like to see more of them. In fact, I have a cache ready to be placed as soon as I find a good hiding spot.

I could be wrong but I feel that if you hide a members only cache, the cache seekers (paid members) will more likely take better care of your cache. I mean be less likely to trash it out. I believe this because they have an investment in this sport. their monthly or yearly premium.

Don't know for sure if this is true but it makes sense to me.

Any others?

-Jeff :D

I would like to see more of them. In fact, I have a cache ready to be placed as soon as I find a good hiding spot.

I could be wrong but I feel that if you hide a members only cache, the cache seekers (paid members) will more likely take better care of your cache. I mean be less likely to trash it out. I believe this because they have an investment in this sport. their monthly or yearly premium.

Any others?

-Jeff :lol:

I think that there are two kinds of 'trashing'. If someone accidently finds your cache and meddles with it, that will happen its its listed as MOC or not.

I also think people trading poorly is related to who and how many visit your cache. A certain number of visitors are going to take whatever they want and leave a golf ball (or some other low value object). If making your cache MOC cuts down the number that visit, you should see less junk traded in.

No I don't nessecerly think premium members are better at trading overall. (got a survey?) But I do think that long term cachers (which are often premium members) are b etter about trading fairly. Which I attribute to them be good people in general not having been magically changed by mailing a check to Groundspeak :D .

Comments?

Any others?

-Jeff :rolleyes:

My gut feeling, is that they will treat the cache as any other cache that is available to them.

All of my caches will be open to all cachers. If the cache is any fun to find, why restrict people and make them pay. Most of the finders will most likely be new, they will become premium if your cache was nice enough and they want to support a hobby they choose to take part in.

I would like to see more of them.  In fact, I have a cache ready to be placed as soon as I find a good hiding spot. 

I could be wrong but I feel that if you hide a members only cache, the cache seekers (paid members) will more likely take better care of your cache.  I mean be less likely to trash it out.  I believe this because they have an investment in this sport.  their monthly or yearly premium.

Any others?

-Jeff  :rolleyes:

My gut feeling, is that they will treat the cache as any other cache that is available to them.

All of my caches will be open to all cachers. If the cache is any fun to find, why restrict people and make them pay. Most of the finders will most likely be new, they will become premium if your cache was nice enough and they want to support a hobby they choose to take part in.

The topic of Member's only caches has been beat to death on these forums, many times. The debate always ends up with cachers against these caches arguing that these caches are "elitest." The "pro-member's only crowd" argue the benefits of these type caches, and no one meets in the middle. I won't even go into the the "freeloader" debate.

Bottom line hide the caches how you want. If you chose to make them member's only caches, you get the the advantage of the "audit log," to see who has viewed your cache page.

Most of my caches (49 to date) are open to all cachers, but lately, my new caches are becoming member's only.