Downloading Waypoints

cad-guy

This may be redundant, but couldn't find it anywhere so here I go:

when I search by zip code, and select all waypoints for download, then go to page 2 and select all of those as well, they are the only ones that actually download. How do I get more than 1 page of points to download to a single loc file. Thanks for any help you can give me.

You don't. You can only download .loc files from the search results page by going one page at a time. But since you are a premium member, you ought to be using pocket queries to obtain up to 500 caches meeting your search criteria. Pocket queries can be delivered to you via e-mail as either .GPX or .LOC files. Click on the "Run Pocket Queries" link from your "My Account" page to access the pocket query generator.

I do it the 'clumsy' way by downloading the .loc for each page then cut-and-paste the files together into one and then use GPS babel to translate it into the right format for my GPSr. Be careful though - windows notepad seems to save them in a format that causes problems for GPSBabel. Wordpad is OK though.

You don't.  You can only download .loc files from the search results page by going one page at a time.  But since you are a premium member, you ought to be using pocket queries to obtain up to 500 caches meeting your search criteria.  Pocket queries can be delivered to you via e-mail as either .GPX or .LOC files.  Click on the "Run Pocket Queries" link from your "My Account" page to access the pocket query generator.

So, pocket queries will generate a single .loc file containing the waypoints for all the caches in the query?

I just downloaded a half-dozen .loc files and compiled them into a single file which I then opened with Garmin Waypoint manager in order to transfer them to my GPS. Not difficult, but tedious for sure.

Earlier today I had downloaded a set of .gpx files then used the utility for generating a .pdb file for my Clie.

Tomorrow will be my first day caching and I'm pumped. I'm all ready to go. I've got the waypoints in my Vista C and the clues in my Clie. <_<

cheers

David

You don't.  You can only download .loc files from the search results page by going one page at a time.  But since you are a premium member, you ought to be using pocket queries to obtain up to 500 caches meeting your search criteria.  Pocket queries can be delivered to you via e-mail as either .GPX or .LOC files.  Click on the "Run Pocket Queries" link from your "My Account" page to access the pocket query generator.

So, pocket queries will generate a single .loc file containing the waypoints for all the caches in the query?

I just downloaded a half-dozen .loc files and compiled them into a single file which I then opened with Garmin Waypoint manager in order to transfer them to my GPS. Not difficult, but tedious for sure.

Earlier today I had downloaded a set of .gpx files then used the utility for generating a .pdb file for my Clie.

Tomorrow will be my first day caching and I'm pumped. I'm all ready to go. I've got the waypoints in my Vista C and the clues in my Clie. :huh:

cheers

David

So I went back to the 'Seek a Cache' page and noticed the checkboxes on the right hand side of the search results page. Hmmm. Now I see how to get all the caches I want in one .loc file.

Trial and error. <_<

cheers

David