Dell Axim X50v

I seen alot of post for palm but I got the windows

so now what do I do to get the info from the cache page into the PPC is there some way real simple.I dont get the part of convert and send to and all of that. if I want to put in gcxxx and see the hint and all the info from the cache page

is gpssonar easy is it a free or pay program

Ok a quick Pocket PC Lesson.

If you download a *.exe file you install that on your computer. It will use Activesync to install the program to your PDA. Activesync (if you uncheck the "Install to default folder" box in the add/remove programs dialog box) will let you install the program to main memory, built in storage, or a memory card if you have one.

The cab file you copy to your PDA and run it directly on your PDA. You won't have a choice of folders but you can install the file from anywhere, or by copying it to your memory card etc.

The link you want on this page is Pocket PC 2003 .exe (or you can use Cab if you prefer, but I like to install to built in storage).

http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/default.aspx

I use gpxsonar with my x50v and have not had any problems at all with it. I use my CF card for it and if you load a big gpx file it will take a little bit to load but you get the cache page like you see it here with the coords, pics, hints, and last few logs left. You can also write your field notes then and there and when you get home throw them in GSAK (if you use that program).

I use gpxsonar with my x50v and have not had any problems at all with it. I use my CF card for it and if you load a big gpx file it will take a little bit to load but you get the cache page like you see it here with the coords, pics, hints, and last few logs left. You can also write your field notes then and there and when you get home throw them in GSAK (if you use that program).

Like mlk3454, six of us down here in the south use our axims with gpxsonar with no problems. We however use our sd (secure digital) cards to store the info from GPXSonar on. We have all bought CF GPS cards to use in the compact flash slot.

That's what is great about the X5's is the fact they have both slots on them. You can use the axim as a gps and a paperless cache holder. The best of both worlds.

If you ever do go the gps route with your axim, make sure to check out mapopolis. They have a utility that will convert the gpx file you use for gpxsonar, into waypoints that show up on their maps for you to navigate to.

:blink: I am going to cal myself a novice reagarding getting gpx data into

my dell axim 30 .

So I would like to here from someone that has gone down this road already

and is willing to share the steps to get it done

What I have done so far is tried the GSAK swiss army knife , with also downloading Islo program to try and view the info created by GSAK.

Where I am at is my desktop is loaded with GSAK and I have bounced my way

thru getting some caches onthe data base COOL . ... Then I tripped on

a menu of EXPORT which I tried to get this data base view into a PDB type file

The PDB file gets sync to the Dell AXIM.

I also downloaded the free trial of Islo found thru geocach site and then tried to open that PDB file sent earlier

The PDB file of cach info did open but does not look like the GSAK desktop

data base ......

I have not found any clear answers on the GSAK Help of how to get GSAK stuff to AXIM

using win mobile 2003 ....the PALM is what they have for a quick file transfer

Bottom Line is anyone out there that is patient enough to give a write up

on how to get from geocach GPX all the way thru to Dell AXIM's

THANKS in advance

cjb60190 if you use gpxsonar you can just throw the gpx file on your axim and load it up with no need to convert anything or change any settings

Do be rough you can go to your computer (with your axim plugged in and synced) click on mobile devices (your axim) and drag/drop the gpx file on your removable memory or on the internal memory and you are all set. Open up gpxsonar and click on the gpx file and you will get the whole list of caches. Click on a cache to get more details, descriptions, hints, logs, etc.

I bought the same Axim a few weeks ago and bought Pocket Streets 2005. I am trying to export pushpins from GPXSonar but I can't get them to show up on the map on the Axim. If I am reading this correctly, do I have to load the file to the desktop (Microsoft streets and trips?) and then load this map back to the PocketPC? Is anyone else doing this? I do use Beeline which shows the caches via GPS but thought it would be nice to have the capability of zooming in and out in the area with pushpins for caches.