Energizer Rechargeables

scottjl

just thought i'd post a quickie recommendation/review for these batteries.. very happy with them in my GPSr (Garmin 60CS). they're the energizer rechargeables, 2500mAh, Ni-MH, picked them up in a four-pack from wal-mart for $9. charge up in any standard charge (they sell a quick charger as well but i didn't need it) and last a good deal longer than my 1600mAh panasonics I had been using.

highly recommended!

I've started using them as a replacement for my long-in-the-tooth Power-X 2300ma batteries that have worked so well in my GPSr's (now a 60cs) for well over two years. The Power-X's seem to be losing some of their ability for sustained use for an entire (long) day. So far, the Energizer 2500ma batteries are easy to purchase and seem to give the "whole day" power I need. I still use the same Maha 401 charger which can't be beat.

Edited by Quoddy
I bought four of the 15-minute Energizers, and the 15-minute charger, at Target for about $25.00.

I love having freshly-charged batteries in 15 minutes, and my GPSr lasts for hours and hours on the Energizer brand. :laughing:

what's the mAh rating on the 15 minute batteries? i haven't seen them. a higher rating will mean longer battery life...

don't think i'll run out and buy a new set. i can charge all 4 overnight and take them with me. though i have yet to need to swap them out during a day of caching. :cry:

The ones I got are 2300 mAh. They last more than 12 hours in my Vista C.

I probably have 20 different rechargeable batteries around the house. The off-brand ones do not last very long in my GPSr. I have relegated them to my TV remote and the electric lighted pepper grinder. :laughing:

I picked up a Sony 15 minute charger with 4-2500mAh AA batteries for about 28 from Amazon, shipping included. Their cheaper now. 14+ hours of typical use in my MeriPlat. Probably 18+ hours typical use in the kids SporTrack.

I then bought 16 more 2500 mAh AA PowerEx batteries to supply all the juice we need on long trips for Walkmans, cameras, GPSr units... The list goes on and on. I was most impressed with the performance in my camera! Nearly double the life on a set of 2500 mAh batteries compared to brand new {any quality brand} alkalines!

I bought four of the 15-minute Energizers, and the 15-minute charger, at Target for about $25.00.

I love having freshly-charged batteries in 15 minutes, and my GPSr lasts for hours and hours on the Energizer brand. :(

I bought the same charger but paid more to get the pack that also included a cigarette lighter plug. 15 minute charging is awesome and I can do it on the road too!

I was looking at some online sources of the 2500 mA cells and one of the pictures makes them look square rather than round. Is that right? Are there many devices that won't take a square cell?

don't know what brand you were looking at. but my energizer's are round (well a cylinder actually, standard AA shape).

I love having freshly-charged batteries in 15 minutes, and my GPSr lasts for hours and hours on the Energizer brand. :(

I bought the same charger but paid more to get the pack that also included a cigarette lighter plug. 15 minute charging is awesome and I can do it on the road too!

I already had an inverter for the car, so I didn't get the package you got. That is a really good deal however. :wub: It is less bulky than my inverter/charger setup.

I was looking at some online sources of the 2500 mA cells and one of the pictures makes them look square rather than round.  Is that right?  Are there many devices that won't take a square cell?

don't know what brand you were looking at. but my energizer's are round (well a cylinder actually, standard AA shape).

Energizers on eBay.

eBay Energizer AA Batts

I know it is not easy to tell, but these really look squared off to me.

But if yours are round, then I sure it is just a funny pic.

I was looking at some online sources of the 2500 mA cells and one of the pictures makes them look square rather than round.  Is that right?  Are there many devices that won't take a square cell?

Energizers on eBay.

eBay Energizer AA Batts

I think it's just a trick of the photo. They are AA batteries - they can't be called that unless they conform to the standard AA spec. Mine are "normal" AA shape and I am sure the ones in that misleading picture are the normal shape as well.

eBay Energizer AA Batts

that's the same exact package i bought. they're round. just a trick of the photo..

funny though, if they were squared of, that would mean they should hold an even bigger charge, since they'd have more nimh in them. lol.

that's more than i paid though once you add in the shipping..

eBay Energizer AA Batts

that's the same exact package i bought. they're round. just a trick of the photo..

funny though, if they were squared of, that would mean they should hold an even bigger charge, since they'd have more nimh in them. lol.

that's more than i paid though once you add in the shipping..

thought your were serious at first -

you get your greatest surface area and volume in a round package

both = greater capacity in a battery -

that's why I couldn't believe it when I saw the photo -

cc\