Letterbox Hybrid

I'd say understanding what a true letterbox is would help you imensely in creating a hybrid.

Check out North American letterboxing site, Letterboxing.org for some excellent information and links to myriad sites for everything you want to know about letterboxing worldwide. (letterboxing.org is just a convient place for me to post for you to get started.)

It's my thinking a true letterbox is better than a hybrid because a hybrid is limited to geocaching rules. Letterboxing rules are fewer but stricter as has little to do with the hide itself. I'm slowly in the process of converting my hybrids back into pure letterboxes for this very reason.

Hope this helps.

PS: make sure to mark your stamp so folks won't think it a trade item. We had to hunt down our stamp once. :lol:

PS: make sure to mark your stamp so folks won't think it a trade item. We had to hunt down our stamp once.

I've been planning a Letterbox hybrid and I'm going to put the letterbox stamp and letterbox log inside a separate Lock n Lock, that will go inside the ammo box. It will also be clearly labelled as to what it is. Hopefully that will cut down on accidental loss of the stamp.

Any recommendations/regulations/restrictions not mentioned  here?

You might want to have a look at this site which we found usefull. (We just found our first hybrid and our first letterbox.)

From the owners point of view, I like the idea of putting stamped postcards addressed to you inside the box so that people who found your box but do not log in the internet are able to let you know that they found the box and could let you know of any problems that may exist.

Greetings,

Tobias

Find some way to attach or tether the letterbox hybrids stamp to the cache container. Cachers that don't understand or that don't care what a letterbox box is like to trade the stamp. I even had someone tell me, as they tried to explain what they thought letterboxing is, that you were to trade your stamp for one in the letterbox. As if all a letterbox is, is a stamp themed geocache. :laughing: No worries, I set him straight and we are both better for it. :laughing: