Virts/locationless "broken"?

julia51:)

One thing that I have noticed is best described by example.

There is this locationless cache for Drive-In Movie Theaters.

I have a Drive-In about 5 miles from my house. Last night, I planned on taking my family and, in the process, getting a few pictures to log this locationless.

There are 1577 visits logged for that cache right now. Is my drive-in already logged? That's a lot of logs to look through, since they can't be searched on GC.com.

So, I had to download 3rd party software to skim through the logs to find the drive-in I was planning on logging. It was logged over a year ago. I can't log it again.

That's broken. Only one person gets to share their experience of a drive-in that I was at??? That ain't right.

With Waymarks, my local Drive-in could have still been logged, but I have the opportunity to:

1. search for it easily on wm.com. (by coordinates)

2. log another visit

3. keep playing the game.

Those things didn't work for locationless on GC.com. Once logged, a particular "waymark" was done and any future happenings for it would never be logged.

YMMV.

Edited by Langner91

Hmmmm, that sounds like a quote from one of my posts. Why a separate thread here? It's easier for me to hold a conversation in one room, rather than having to dash back and forth between two rooms. I think talking about understanding waymarks ought best be discussed in the waymarks forum. I'd be glad to answer more over there in whichever thread it was where I asserted, as a cache reviewer and as a finder of 118 virtuals, that virtuals were "BROKEN."