Lands End - John O Groats

Driving home tonight and thought that a lifetime goal could be combined into a cache odessey at the same time. Looks like it would take about 19 days straight cycling but trying caches on the way would add a day or two or three.......

West coast route appears the favoured way starting in Cornwall to take any benifit of prevailing winds.

But without going into a detailed search anybody have any idea of caches en route? or know of anybody who has attempted the task.

I did the ride, john o groats down to lands end (downhill all the way :D ) but was not into caching at the time.

Took me 10 days, but i did'nt hang about, but i did'nt go the shortest route either.

Would be happy to give you some pointers if required.

No i'm not a fitness freak either just up for the challange.

I see the record is 45 hours, yes I said hours!

I am no fitness freak either but have always fancied the idea.

I have been sent a .gpx file of the route someone has taken (14 days) via Arran.

I am know trying to get it into Fugawi, via easygps and my garmin. GSAK did not want to know the file.

At least if I can get it into Fugawi I can then use the 'find geocache sites' option.

Could be one for next summer.

Are you up for it JJ? :D

I have a .gpx file of the whole route and a much edited Fugawi Waypoint file.

For some reason GSAK did not like the gpx file but Easygps did. If anyone wants it let me know, but I will not hold my breath.

Cornwall and Devon look particulary 'up and down', but the rest looks ok

Have not done much looking for cache sites but the first area I looked at had a virtual en-route (GC4FCD)!