Category Proposal: Crop Circles

I dont think it would work, I could go out into my backyard and stomp down a circle in the grass and take a picture. I vote NO.

Thats not a crop circle so it wouldn't meet even the basic requirments of this category. Remember that a manager of the category makes a level of requirements so that not just anything can filter through. Crop circles are very complex and some have taken days to make.

There was a program on the history channel just yesterday that showed some and said they have lasted and had nothing else grow there for a year.

Proof would not have to be an arial pic, it could just be a pic at the site. The main thing is to show people these very unique markings that occur.

Edited by pghlooking

To followup on maingray's question. Aren't crop circles ephemeral -- here today gone tomorrow?

I think a waymark has to be a place or thing that others can visit and log their visits. It's somewhat similar to a virtual in this regard or a locationless that is at a location everyone can visit after it has been waymarked. Transient things can't be revisited time and again.

For example, car wrecks would not qualify.

I think a waymark has to be a place or thing that others can visit and log their visits.

I dont think this is correct, the way I read it is that the person who has set the category decides the rules, including what constitutes a log or "find".

Personally I will be voting a big YES for this come the time of the voting, as I think it will be good to have a record of these things.

I would certainly vote in favour - as for longevity - they are often made in standing crops a month or two before havesting, and it is not at all unusual for locations providing good views from nearby high ground to be used year after year. Years ago my girlfriend and I would make an annual trip to Alton Barnes every July to see what was there this year - I don't think we were ever disapointed.

I think a waymark has to be a place or thing that others can visit and log their visits.

I dont think this is correct, the way I read it is that the person who has set the category decides the rules, including what constitutes a log or "find".

So car wrecks fall within the rules?