How Long?

fizzymagic

We are frequently exhorted in these forums to deal with problems by contacting Groundspeak via the official email addresses and working the problems out there. In my experience, this process does not work.

Right now, I have been waiting for about 7 weeks for some communication from Groundspeak on an issue I pursued through the official channels. As far as I can tell, I am being completely ignored.

Here's the timeline:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

6/24/2005 - Incident occurs. Submitted forum abuse report via the link on the forums page.

No response. Not particularly a surprise, since the incident in question involved a forum mod.

6/27/2005 - Sent email to Hydee's address describing the problem and asking for help.

No response.

7/4/2005 - Sent email to contact@Groundspeak.com, including the text of the original email to Hydee.

7/6/2005 - Response from Nate saying Hydee will look at it as soon as she returns from vacation.

No further response.

8/1/2005 - Sent email politely requesting update. Included alternate e-mail address in case for some reason a response was blocked by a spam filter.

No response.

8/8/2005 - Hydee writes in forum:

"If anyone has an issue with their reviewer they would like brought to my attention,please feel free to email appeals@Groundspeak.com at anytime."

8/8/2005 - Sent email politely requesting some acknowledgement to appeals@groudspeak.com

No response.

8/10/2005 - Sent final email to contact address pleading for some kind of acknowledgement; not even requesting a status update.

Not a word.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Am I being unreasonable in my expectation that I would receive some kind of response in this time frame? Am I the only person that gets ignored this way? Is there some magic formula for contacting TPTB that gets a response?

I quite honestly have no idea how to proceed. Anyone have any ideas?

I submitted an email about a problem with the website back on April 29.

I resubmitted that same email at two to three week intervals.

I never got a response until the third week of July. :lol:

However, the problem is now solved, so I am very happy :P . . . even though it took a while.

Yes.. is it possible that some behind the scenes things have happened without your knowledge?

Maybe Groundspeak might do something really creative, like promote the moderator to some sort of "senior moderator" position. You know, bump the "problem" upstairs so that the public won't notice it. At the big company where I work, they do that all the time. Who knows? It's just a thought. We can only wait and see.

Yes.. is it possible that some behind the scenes things have happened without your knowledge?

Quite possibly they have. But don't I still deserve some kind of response? An email saying "We have addressed the issue" would be a whole lot better than just being ignored.

That still doesn't answer my question :lol:

That's true.

Am I being unreasonable in my expectation that I would receive some kind of response in this time frame? Am I the only person that gets ignored this way? Is there some magic formula for contacting TPTB that gets a response?

But your response does not answer his question either.

IMO, Fizzy deserves a response even if the problem has been solved. Of course the response should have come when it was solved (if it was), not long afterward.

If I request help with a problem, I would expect to be told what the resolution was, even if I didn't like the answer. If the resolution was such that it needs to remain confidential, then tell me that.

I don't know if I should expect to be told what the resolution is.  Perhaps the initial reply to you should have said 'Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will look into this issue and give it the attention it deserves.'

Well, I haven't even received the above response.

In some situations, the above might be adequate. However, without getting into the details, I don't think it would be appropriate in this case.

I have to agree 100%. I've been waiting since May 30th for a reply to something I discussed, in person, with someone from high up in Groundspeak. Subsequent emails have never been returned.

A few weeks ago I sent another, unrelated email to someone employed by Groundspeak to see about getting the logo of my states caching group added to the stats banner list (there's two other groups who can already have their logo appear instead of the geo-logo/signal). I never heard back from them, either. Granted that's not a big issue, but some kind of reply would be nice.

If huge companies like Sony, etc. can have a turn around of a week or less for email why can't Groundspeak? Is there a severe shortage of employees? From my experience it seems like getting a reply from Groundspeak is a rare occurrence.

Heidi is out of town and doesn't have access to email this weekend (as far as I can tell). I'll ask her about it on Monday when she returns. I'm sure its in her email box. I checked in Trakken and read your original email yesterday but don't know a whole lot about it other than that.

I have to agree 100%. I've been waiting since May 30th for a reply to something I discussed, in person, with someone from high up in Groundspeak. Subsequent emails have never been returned.

It certainly depends on the topic. If it is something out of the ordinary it is often overlooked or not dealt with. I honestly don't remember what you're talking about with your request, sorry to say.