Wrong Answer For A Virtual

I did that cache a little while ago. On aproaching the area there was a VERY prominent feature which the GPS was pointing to. As I got closer, the arrow swung round and directed me to the actual virtual cache.

I'm guessing that if they were in a rush, they perhaps thought they'd found it easily and headed off to the next one :rolleyes:

Pity they didn't get it or see it as it's a great idea for a virtual :D

Ooer, strictly speaking they have also given the wrong answer for my virtual in Oxford, Swing Low. The cache asks for the names of the partners involved but they have given just the number of partners.

But since it is clear from the answers given that they have visited the right place I think I can be lenient :D

I have been given their answer before on one other occasion (72 visits) .

I would say that you would have to take a look yourself to see how easy it is to actually give this wrong answer.

Because it has been given before, albeit only once, this may be a small error on your part rather than theirs. You may have to change your description to fit in with this wrong answer.

So what I would do is take a look, easy to make a mistake, possibly my fault? let them have the find.

Not so easy to make a mistake & your description already makes it clear, then it is changed to a note.

Ultimately though is that it is your cache and your decision?

Chris n Maria... We agree, but wasn't this all about a record attempt?

Oh yes I agree, for the record attempt - but you did say "this whole game", which I took to be the whole game of geocaching ;)

I just think generally people tend to get hung up on numbers and finds and forget that they really aint that important.

Chris

You will be glad to know that the boys came up with the correct answer (just :D )

Then only next day I am faced with exactly the same dilema on a Wombles virtual. I have emailed them in advance before logging but they appear to have gone on holiday down to Cornwall so will have to wait a week or so for the answer.

Edited by 2202