Vintage Topo Maps - Need 31d/4

Couparangus

Greetings,

Being a local history junkie I have quite a collection of pre-war Topographical Survey maps of southern Ontario. These are high-res scans in line-art and I don't mind sharing if anyone is interested. These are one of my secret weapons when finding cool places to hide Geocaches. :rolleyes: What I'm looking for is a missing panel, specifically Ontario Alliston 31D/4, also known as 31D04. This is in the 1:63,360 or Inch to a Mile scale maps. Not sure of the date but anything before say 1950 would be great if you have it. If you have other panels I'd like to swap too.

Cheers!

Coupar-Angus

Greetings,

........ These are one of my secret weapons when finding cool places to hide Geocaches...............

Ahhhh, Haaaaa!! Now the secret comes out after almost 5 years. And all this time I thought you were spending your spare time at the library in the local history department. :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, that's what makes a cache really interesting and you've certainly proven that over the years.

By the way are you working on a blockbuster in celebration of your upcoming 5 year caching anniversary?

Cheers, Olar

If you had posted this 2 years ago I might have been able to help. The MNR cleaned out a bunch of old topo maps. I couldn't bear to see them thrown out, so I bundled them up & donated them to my son's Grade 4 class. The teacher was very happy to get them! I don't know if that specific sheet was among them, but you could try going to a surveying firm in your area to see if they have any old topos. You might be able to make a colour scan of it.

-Donna G