Easygps

Sounds like you have EasyGPS set up for the wrong GPS. In preferences you can select the type GPS you have. This sets what type of icons EasyGPS uses.

I have it set up for the 60CS which is what I have .....thing is that when I download caches from geocaching.com to EasyGPS i would like to set the closed treasure chest as default icon .....can it b done////

In order for them to be the treasure chest icon you need to download the gpx files not the loc files. The easiest way to do this is to go to www.geocaching.com/pocket/ and create a pocket querie of the caches you want.

I have downloaded the pocket quieries & Easy GPS still doesnt show the treasure chest when I move to my GPSr .....I need to change the icon manually ....I know this isnt a big deal I was just wondering if I can make the closed treasure chest the default icon

I have the same problem. I use both EasyGPS and Mapsource 6.7 and find that when I download from the Garmin GPSmap60C to the computer, I lose the Cache icons and vice versa. I know how to get into properties and change the icon etc, but this is a pain to do on a regular basis. I simply thought that it was a software glitch with the programs.

Does anyone know if you can direct enter coordinates into the GPSmap60c??

I have only owned this a week and have been shifting the arrow around onscreen to find the coordinates. I find it would be easier to enter what you need to for the next step in a cache-chase to get there.

Thanks, Shrek.

I would also like to suggest you download and give GSAK a try. Are you sure you are getting the Pocket Queries in .gpx format?

To enter coordinates by hand you hit the "Mark" button then use the four-way button to get to the area of the coordinates, hit enter, then edit the numbers with the little "keyboard" that appears.

If you have MapSource 6.5 or newer .... why are you even using EasyGPS?

Download single .gpx file or even better the pocket query. Start MapSource and FILE > Open > browse to the .gpx file. If you are downloading many "single cache" gpx files .... then open a second "slave" MapSource and copy and paste the waypoint into the "Primary" MapSource until you have them all in.

All we use is geocaching.com (premium), MapSource, Paperless - Cachemate ( with cmconvert). Closed treasure chests all the time!

:rolleyes: ImpalaBob