Ideas For A 2nd Gps

Hubby is going to be away playing soldiers quite a bit over the next few months and he wants to take our rather nifty Garmin MAP60 with him so he can cache and also for if he gets lost. (Quite likely :lol: ). Now I don't want to be stuck at home being the good little wife each weekend - I'll get caching withdrawals (you may by now have gathered that I am the obsessed one of the pair), so I thought I would get myself a nice basic GPS for when he is away. It doesn't need to be anything fancy as it will be the spare, although i would like to be able to download to it from PQs. And most importantly I don't want to be spending to much £££.

Ideas please ...

I would have thought that yourself being the MORE dedicated cacher (read addicted) of the two that -you- would get the MAP60 and himself the cheaper 2nd GPS, after all, be a pitty if it were to get damaged 'on maneuvers' >:lol:

The Gecko 301 does look like a very good 2nd unit, though personaly if I were going for a secondary I'd want something that had something particularly different about it from my current Venture, like the Fortrex which is wrist wearable.

Regards!

Edited by Fangsy

My 15yo (Mcd1) recently bought an Etrex Camo (exactly the same as the yellow, but don't drop it in the woods!) from expansys for £75 incl postage having seen a post on another thread. Data cable on ebay was about £8 all in. Every bit as good as my Legend for caching and now he can bag some when he's not at my house. Link to sales site below:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=90265421

And for the record I do NOT work for Expansys.